What can you do to prevent drone flyaways?
Before you ever fly a drone, it’s important to inform yourself about the rules and precautions necessary to have a safe, exhilarating experience. In some cases, you may even be required to have a license in order to fly (Check the FAA website for more information about what to do in your personal situation). So, follow the rules, have fun, and keep your drone in your line of vision.
Never lose sight of your quadcopter again.
MightySkins now has an entire line of drone skins for several different models. While we don’t usually like to toot our own horn, these skins excite us because they serve a dual purpose. Besides providing you with unlimited customization, a drone skin can solve a major problem you’re likely up against.
While drones are one of the top technological advancements of our time, let’s face it — they’re not perfect — sometimes they escape. There’s not much you can do to prevent flyaways (or losing your machine because you went against the grain and soared out of your own sight on purpose). Take your drone as far as possible without losing sight by adding a splash of color. Our new quadcopter drone skins make it easier to see when flying long distances.
While adding a splash of color is fun, it’s a good idea to take every possible precaution to prevent crashes. Afterall, quadcopters don’t grow on trees. Here’s what else you can do to prevent drone flyaways:
- Set your battery correctly to optimize aerodynamics. Drone assembly is a crucial skill to master; f the battery falls out, you could lose power in-flight and that will definitely cause a crash.
- Avoid flying near power lines. If you hit a power line, it could ruin your electronics, cause an explosion or a crash.
- Regularly calibrate your compass and GPS. If not, your drone won’t know which direction it’s going.
- Maintain manufacturer-recommended altitude when flying. This ensures that your radios stay connected.
- Don’t set your home point next to buildings. When it comes time to land, doing so could cause your machine to land on top of the building or, worse yet, crash on the edge.
Which models are drone skins available for?
Customize with ease and extend your line of visibility – it’s just more exciting this way. If you own one of these models, you can find a skin you love.
We have customization options for nearly every version of the brands above. Shop our drone skins to find the perfect pattern or color for you.