So you’ve joined the ranks of people on a quest to personalize all of their favorite devices. You’ve done the heavy lifting and picked your pattern and you’ve waited out the mail carrier to bring it to your home. However, now you’ve encountered the task of outfitting your item of choice with the skin. Don’t worry, this helpful blog will teach you how to properly apply a skin from Mighty Skins.
- Clean it Up – Whatever device you’ve chosen, from your cooler to your favorite tumbler, we have one rule. It’s got to be clean. Simply take a damp cloth (don’t saturate your electronic devices) and wipe it down, making sure to clear any debris. You don’t want to use any solvents or ammonia based cleaners during this part, as it may cause damage to the skin or adhering issues.
- Check the Skin – Sometimes, in the mailing process stuff might be on the top of the skin itself. Make sure there’s nothing hanging off or clinging to the edges. If you’re satisfied with the appearance, go ahead and wash your hands and ensure you’ve dried them thoroughly as all of the excess oils in your skin can also cause issues with your skin application.
- Remove It – Now, we remove the backing to the skin, but please be careful during this process. You’re going to want to make sure that you’re not inadvertently stretching the skin out or it obviously isn’t going to fit properly. All of our skins are made to fit your devices precisely, so this should never be a problem unless the skin has become damaged during the backing removal. This will be especially important in the narrow areas of the skin.
- Place It – Now comes the moment of truth. Lay your skin on your device precisely, paying attention to any buttons, cameras, latches, etc. Don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time, you can easily remove the skin to shift the positioning. Keep doing this until you’re satisfied with the placement, it’s not going to lose its stickiness.
- Smooth It Out Now – Once you’ve gotten the skin into the position that it is meant to be in, smooth it out. Starting from the middle and working your way toward the edges, press down firmly, removing any awkward bubbles or ridges along the way. You can use a credit card wrapped in a paper towel to assist in the smoothing process.
That’s it! You’re done! Now you’re on your way to enjoying a personalized device. Doesn’t the simplicity make you want to skin another device? Check out what we have to offer here.